How Do You Change A Tire?
- A fully inflated spare tire, a jack, and a lug wrench
- A torchlight/flashlight
- A minor cut of wood to secure the jack
- Wheel wedges
At University Kia, we believe it is important for every driver to recognize how to change a flat tire. Regardless of the assistance, you can avail, knowing how to change your flat tire will instill the confidence to drive for long distances without worry.
How To Change a Tire
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
After you have stocked up your car with these essentials, you can follow the below instruction list –
- As soon as you notice you may have a flat tire, slow down your vehicle and park it on a level road away from oncoming traffic.
- Turn on the hazard lights.
- Apply wheel wedges to prevent your car from rolling over. Additionally, ensure the parking brakes are active.
- Check your car for hubcaps covering the lug nuts; if you find them, use the flat end of your lug wrench to remove the hubcaps.
- Slowly turn the lug nuts counter-clockwise with the help of your lug wrench. Turn all lug nuts until they are loosened but not completely removed.
- Check your vehicle owner’s manual to find out the optimal position to place the jack. Once you encounter it, place the wooden block under the jack to prevent it from slipping off.
- Next, raise the vehicle with the help of the jack until the car totals six inches above the ground.
- Promptly completely unscrew the lug nuts and remove the flat tire. Grab the spare tire and place it on the lug bolts until you identify it through the rim.
- Replace the lug nuts and tighten them with your vehicle slightly lowered.
- Place the vehicle on the ground completely and once again lighten the lug nuts with the lug wrench.
- Replace the hubcaps, if necessary.
- Refer to your vehicle owner’s manual to understand further about the diverse parts of the car. Remember taking your car to a service station when possible.
For more information on how to change a flat tire, contact our service specialists at University Kia in Durham, NC! The Service Staff and technicians at University Kia of Durham are highly trained on all factory services for your car. Stop by and find what our customers have discovered and come to depend on: for maintenance or repairs, University Kia of Durham Service Excellence. The University Kia of Durham service team looks forward to making your ownership experience as enjoyable as it is meant to be.